Traveling to India has this arresting effect to your senses. It heightens your sense of sight for colors, sense if smell for the spices lingering scent in the air, sense of taste for the sumptuous feast laid on the table so generously, sense of touch for the finest cotton & sense of hearing from the honks of Delhi's traffic to the eerie silence of the ancient forts. Thinking about the experience now brought memories so vivid because India is unforgettable like that.
Because I decided last minute, I arrived a day later than my dearest friend L.P. This travel was different from all my other adventures as this was one of those rare occasion after marriage that I traveled without my family. In a way the trip was a breather for me but I come to think of it as a reward of all the hard work I've done that year. Besides, it was our pleasure to visit the home country of my respected boss and such honor to meet his wonderful family. =)
Here's the arrival hall at Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
and here's my ride classic Indian car, the Ambassador:
Here's my New Delhi traffic sighting:
and the scenic drive via the Parliament House to Lodhi, where Aman New Delhi is located:
Although I was only in transit for a couple of hours, my ever favorite sales guru & dear friend D.W. surprised me with a wash & change room in one of the pool suites...
Here's the arrival hall at Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
and here's my ride classic Indian car, the Ambassador:
Here's my New Delhi traffic sighting:
and the scenic drive via the Parliament House to Lodhi, where Aman New Delhi is located:
Although I was only in transit for a couple of hours, my ever favorite sales guru & dear friend D.W. surprised me with a wash & change room in one of the pool suites...
First few hours in India and I am in Love. But never a second past that I did not wish, V.P. & Mini V.P. were there to discover the country that introduces itself so loudly yet so gracefully at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment