So VP twitted me today that we're "backpacking" and doing the road trip of 23 Provinces in 3 days in the Kingdom. Quoting the twit: "U, Me & 2 green pantone chairs". Sounds Exciting!
I am up all night trying to figure out how we're going to do this. I am scared just because I don't like my husband driving around Cambodia. Over the years I had developed an irrational fear of Motorcycles zigzagging along the road especially in intersections. I only like road trips only when there's another driver (Because I can't drive and will not drive. Again irrational fear...).
Pushing my fears aside and being me, I am of course researching about our itinerary.
Map Credit: www.canbypublications.com
I assume that our itinerary will be the following despite the fact that I don't know if there's existing roads going through this provinces (Google Maps can't find the unknown roads!) or if this can be done in 3 days. Now after chatting with VP (who is currently in PP for new projects!) we're making it 6 days so we can stay overnight in some of the provinces and visit 24 provinces! We might skip Preah Vihear because of the temple dispute but lets see....
Day 1:
- Siem Reap (1. Siem Reap) - Anlong Veng (2.Odar Meanchey) - Tbeng Meanchey (3. Preah Vihear)
- Kampong Thom (5.Kampong Thom) - Kampong Cham (6. Kampong Cham) - Kratie (7.Kratie)
- Stung Treng ( 8. Stung Treng) - Banlung (9. Ratanakiri) - Sen Monorom ( 10. Mondulkiri)
- Prey Veng ( 11. Prey Veng ) - Svay Rieng (12.Svay Rieng) - Takhmau (13. Kandal ) - Phnom Penh
- Takeo ( 14. Takeo) - Kep ( 15. Kep ) - Kampot ( 16. Kampot) - Sihanoukville ( 17. Sihanoukville) - Koh Kong ( 18. Koh Kong )
- Kampong Speu (19. Kampong Speu) - Kampong Chnnang (20. Kampong Chnnang) - Pursat (21. Pursat) - Battambang ( 22. Battambang) - Pailin ( 23. Pailin )
- Sisophon (24. Odar Meanchey Province) - Back to Siem Reap!
PS: There's a lot of !!! in this post. Yup, I am that excited XOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment