It's the weekend and naturally my mind is in between finishing my Hitlist and Holidaying. Often this image comes to mind as this is what we love to do when doing nothing:
Then there's the thought of "backpacking" across Cambodia and revisiting Kep. Oh, I love Kep! The city was founded in 1908 during French colonial rule and was originally named Kep-sur-mer (Source: Wikipedia) Most of the villas were left crumbling after the civil war but I am happy that they have now reconstructed it mostly as resorts or private villa.
My memory of Kep from the 2010 visit was it was more of the Hamptons rather than the "French Riviera of the 1920's Cambodia". Here's us in Knai Bang Chatt's sailing club:
I can't wait to come back! Rain or Shine, it was worth spending a day or two at this seaside haven.
Then there's the thought of "backpacking" across Cambodia and revisiting Kep. Oh, I love Kep! The city was founded in 1908 during French colonial rule and was originally named Kep-sur-mer (Source: Wikipedia) Most of the villas were left crumbling after the civil war but I am happy that they have now reconstructed it mostly as resorts or private villa.
My memory of Kep from the 2010 visit was it was more of the Hamptons rather than the "French Riviera of the 1920's Cambodia". Here's us in Knai Bang Chatt's sailing club:
I can't wait to come back! Rain or Shine, it was worth spending a day or two at this seaside haven.




No comments:
Post a Comment