After a few hours of savoring the urban chicness of Aman New Delhi, I am off to the Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin Station to catch the Augustkranti Train for my railway journey to Rajasthan’s Ranthambore National Park. I almost missed the train because I was busy chatting with D.W!
The driver and the porter taking care of my luggage and picnic bag:
The train ride will take about 4 hrs so my personal batman (or butler) prepared my "suite": The train departed at 16:55 and arrived at 20:36 in Sawai Madhopur Junction in Rajasthan where I was greeted by the jeep driver with warm towel & warm cup of tea. Here's the beautiful train station:
Upon arrival at Aman-I-khas I was welcomed by the musician serenading the guests around the campfire.
L.P. was in our tent already waiting for me.
A few minutes later our butler escorted us to the Dining Tent and we had a hearty thali set meal.
Later that evening we rested in our beautiful tent:
I slept like a baby that night. I never knew camping in the wilderness was this fun.Of course, we were in an accommodation suited for princesses in a tent fashioned like a palace.
No comments:
Post a Comment