Saturday, May 4, 2013

Youtube + Soundtrack searching..

Since last week I have been watching/listening to:

This is my imaginary audition piece in my imaginary musical audition.. Starring in a musical play is a dream I traded a long time ago... Stars & the Moon from Songs for a New World by Jason Robert Brown. Interpreted here by Her Broadway Majesty: Audra McDonald. 


The first time I heard this song was from the movie "Love Actually" . 
Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell (1969 Version)
I fell in love with the song because this is poetry:
" I've looked at life from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all" 


At first I like the solo Carole King version of this song.. then I discovered she has a version with James Taylor. So here it goes, my soothing song when I am not really having a great day... 
Up on a Roof

When I was trying to finish this entry, I stopped because I was trying to find this song from Johny Cash that used to play in Cornelius (our old beat-up 90's camry) but no, I just can't find that song.. Anyways, today I took time to listen to another beautifully written musical by Jason Robert Brown. And my goodness, I am in my 20's again and reminiscing what is like to fall in love, broken hearted,  move on and (fall in love again)

From THE LAST 5 YEARS:


Here's the background of the musical from JRB's website:

Since its the weekend, I thought I should listen to a more upbeat song.. but I just can't.With the DramaQueen moment here's another song from the musical to close this entry:







No comments:

Post a Comment