Last night VP, LB & I had a very interesting conversation about literature & poetry... one of the stories mentioned was "How my brother Leon brought home a wife". The rural setting of the story reminds me of these photos I took a long time ago of the Cambodian countryside...
During that conversation, I also learned about the history of our island long ago before the Spaniards came.. It was a different time, different culture, different beliefs... the time of the ati, datu, babaylan, binukot and other people who now only lives in the rhymes of poetry, pages of history books & characters of epic stories.
The stories we discussed reminded me of the stories my grandparents used tell. The folklore stories that I have to reread and retell my 6 years old. I am certain these stories are far more exciting that Thomas & Diesel's day out at the quarry! :) So there I go back again to the memory of playing in the rice fields, chasing ducks & chicken, getting dirty & muddy and waiting by the fish pond to see the sun sets over the horizon..
My countryside memory.
During that conversation, I also learned about the history of our island long ago before the Spaniards came.. It was a different time, different culture, different beliefs... the time of the ati, datu, babaylan, binukot and other people who now only lives in the rhymes of poetry, pages of history books & characters of epic stories.
The stories we discussed reminded me of the stories my grandparents used tell. The folklore stories that I have to reread and retell my 6 years old. I am certain these stories are far more exciting that Thomas & Diesel's day out at the quarry! :) So there I go back again to the memory of playing in the rice fields, chasing ducks & chicken, getting dirty & muddy and waiting by the fish pond to see the sun sets over the horizon..
My countryside memory.
. 



No comments:
Post a Comment