Last week was insanely busy that it had left me mentally & emotionally drained. So many things going on at Home ( new galleries for 1961), drama ( another artist's breakdown which I think deserves it's own blog post) , projects ( new shop in the capital) and little one is starting full day at school tomorrow! There are also the "to do things" at work & my hitlist keeps on piling up... so I better finish those this week. :)
Anyways, back to reminiscing my incredible India journey; this makes me feel like I have taken a short respite while revisiting the experience of exploring the wilderness of Ranthambore.
Only open from October through April each year, Aman-i-Khás is a wilderness camp located in a rugged brushwood forest on the fringes of Ranthambore National Park. Aman is the Sanskrit word for ‘peace’ with the Hindi word for ‘special’, khás, thus it's called Aman-i-Khás. LP & I were camping Moghul style!
Here's us early morning, ready for our adventure:
The park's entrance:
Shiva - our guide:
Entering through ancient forts:
Once Backdrop of ancient epic battle...
What makes this experience special was the encounter of the animals. It's different watching them on National Geographic or Animal Planet than seeing them in real life...The zoo experience is different as well than "meeting" the animals in their natural habitat.
There I was marveling God's beautiful creatures..
And our super close encounter with the Tiger... I was smacking myself in the head that I was so excited to take photos that I forgot to do the tinkering in my camera to take better pictures of a moving subject... wish VP was there..well, I managed to take a few decent shots:
Here we were having a picnic in the wild after the close encounter with his majesty..
I guess were merely spectators visiting in their wilderness...
Anyways, back to reminiscing my incredible India journey; this makes me feel like I have taken a short respite while revisiting the experience of exploring the wilderness of Ranthambore.
Only open from October through April each year, Aman-i-Khás is a wilderness camp located in a rugged brushwood forest on the fringes of Ranthambore National Park. Aman is the Sanskrit word for ‘peace’ with the Hindi word for ‘special’, khás, thus it's called Aman-i-Khás. LP & I were camping Moghul style!
Here's us early morning, ready for our adventure:
The park's entrance:
Shiva - our guide:
Entering through ancient forts:
Once Backdrop of ancient epic battle...
What makes this experience special was the encounter of the animals. It's different watching them on National Geographic or Animal Planet than seeing them in real life...The zoo experience is different as well than "meeting" the animals in their natural habitat.
There I was marveling God's beautiful creatures..
| Elegant Peacocks.. |
| His eye is on the sparrows.. |
| Sambar Deer |
| Hanuman Langurs |
And our super close encounter with the Tiger... I was smacking myself in the head that I was so excited to take photos that I forgot to do the tinkering in my camera to take better pictures of a moving subject... wish VP was there..well, I managed to take a few decent shots:
Here we were having a picnic in the wild after the close encounter with his majesty..
I guess were merely spectators visiting in their wilderness...
No comments:
Post a Comment